Reports to: CEO
Location: Remote, USA
ICTI Ethical Toy Program is recognised as the most trusted and accepted labor standards program for the global toy & entertainment industry. Simply put, we are the best choice for responsible companies who are serious about protecting their reputation, their supply chain and meeting their responsibilities regarding the treatment of workers producing their products.
We are the only specialist labor standards program, designed by the toy industry for the toy industry. We are built on strong foundations which will enable future growth. To support the achievement of our growth goals we are now establishing a Business Development function. This role will report to the CEO.
What we are looking for:
- As the 1st hire into this new function, we need someone who can:
- Develop strong relationships with end users of the program, principally retailers based in the USA.
- Identify opportunities for income generation through service provision, including converting program users to program members
- Increase market awareness of the Ethical Toy Program’s value and benefits
- Increase retailers and companies use of Ethical Toy Program’s services through developing specific account plans
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Support non-USA business development activities and 1 junior team member based in the U.K.
- Create annual plans that support the organizations strategic goals and further development of the business development function
- Develop, and fully leverage, relationships with national toy associations, specifically the USA Toy Association
- Keep up-to-date with industry needs and growth drivers
- Identify business opportunities that meet the needs of program users and are in line with the strategic objectives of the organization
- Work with others in the global team to ensure the program’s success and members satisfaction, key office locations are China, Hong Kong SAR, and the U.K.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of success in a Business Development role.
- Candidates should share our commitment to ethical business practices and be excited about who we are, what we do and the industry we serve.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, and able to work remotely as part of a small global team.
- Candidates should ideally have a Bachelor’s degree, in a relevant field for example Business Administration .
The role will require both domestic (USA) and international travel but is largely a home-based/remote working role.
Candidates must be confident in using remote working tools including Zoom, Go to Meeting etc.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with performance related discretionary bonus scheme
- A company committed to embracing diversity and enabling talent
- A full-time role, but we are also open to flexible working. This could include part-time working for the right candidate or a return-to-work program building to a full-time roll
- As the business grows there may be the opportunity to increase Business Development team headcount
A bit more about us:
The ICTI Ethical Toy Program is a specialist labor standards program implemented by ICTI CARE Foundation Inc., a not-for-profit organization with offices in China, Hong Kong SAR, USA, U.K. and Vietnam.
Created in 2004 by the global toy industry, we operate a labor standards certification program. Working with more than 1,000 factories and their global customers which include retailers Target, Walmart and toy companies Mattel, Spin Master, LEGO & Crayola to name just a few.
This is a new position in a small organization which is spread across the world. There are currently no direct reports into this position. However, there is a strong culture of remote collaboration, team working and mutual support across the organization.
Learn more about what we do: www.ethicaltoyprogram.org/en/our-program/
What to do next:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume along with a brief note, sharing why you think this is the right role for you to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 06 August 2021
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and used for recruitment purposes only.