**Ideal opportunity for someone interested in a career in sustainability**
Reports to: Senior Manager, Social Impact Program
Location: London, England
ICTI Ethical Toy Program is recognised as the most trusted and accepted labor standards program for the global toy & entertainment industry and increasingly, other product categories. Simply put, we are the best choice for responsible companies who are serious about protecting their reputation, their supply chain and meeting their responsibilities regarding the treatment of workers producing their products.
In 2020, we introduced a new online assessment for suppliers of any type and in any location globally. This assessment is the Social Impact Assessment which reviews the management systems a company has in place to ensure social compliance standards within their own operations or their supply chain. The assessment program also helps companies improve their ESG performance. Due to the success of this program, we are now recruiting an Assessment Specialist to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting Social Impact Assessments with suppliers based globally. They will be integral in supporting the organisation as we expand to support more sectors in new regions. The position is based in London, England with flexible working around set days with the team in the office.
As this role deals with suppliers globally with a large presence in South America so we are particularly interested in recruiting team members who are fluent in English and Spanish.
- Independently conduct social compliance assessments according to the IETP Social Impact Assessment Program methodology
- Manage the assessment processes, including engaging suppliers as they start the program, conducting independent evaluation calls with suppliers, writing final reports and improvement plans, result analysis, and reporting
- Support assessed suppliers to interpret and implement recommended actions from the Social Impact Assessment report
- Weekly reporting on supplier engagement and progress
- Active involvement in the team decision-making process
- Support other projects as required
Skills & Experience:
- Passion for sustainability and in helping companies increase their positive social impact
- Confidence to work independently and autonomously, self-driven
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- High level of integrity, results-oriented, and self-motivated
- Degree holder in any discipline, with good understanding of labor standards and social compliance
- 0-2 years work experience, ideally in sustainability, labor standards or social compliance fields but not essential
- Ability to work analytically
- Awareness of international and labor conventions, local labor laws and regulations
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Comfortable using remote working software such as Zoom, Slack, etc
- Occasional business travel may be required
- Must have required work visa or residency permit if a non-UK citizen
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with performance-related discretionary bonus scheme
- A company committed to embracing diversity and enabling talent
- Great role for someone looking to start or progress their career in sustainability
- A growing organisation, which means career development and personal learning opportunities
A bit more about us:
The ICTI Ethical Toy Program is a specialist labor standards program implemented by ICTI CARE Foundation Inc., a not-for-profit organization with offices in China, Hong Kong SAR, USA, U.K., and Vietnam.
Created in 2004 by the global toy industry, we now work in many product categories, with more than 1,000 factories and their global customers which include retailers Tesco, Target, Walmart and companies Mattel, Spin Master, LEGO & Crayola to name just a few.
This position is in the UK team based in London which will involve working with the rest of the organization spread across the world. There is a strong culture of remote collaboration, team working and mutual support across the organization.
What to do next:
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume along with a brief note, sharing why you think this is the right role for you to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and used for recruitment purposes only.