Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: General Manager, Asia Operations
Responsible for (No. & Job Title):
- The Program Support & Engagement team of 4, led by 2 Sr. Specialists (Direct Reports)
- The Special Projects team of 4, led by a Supervisor (Direct Report)
- Support & local management of 2 Members of the Hong Kong based Global Communications Team
The Program Director role is a senior role within the ICTI Ethical Toy Program (IETP) and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to think and act strategically, they will need to engage, support and influence both internal team members and external stakeholders. They will need to clearly contribute to the achievement of IETP’s organisational objectives both in the short and long term.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience of responsible sourcing and international labor standards requirements, such as ethical code of conducts; be knowledgeable in regard to the manufacturing environment at factories; experienced in operating in Mainland China; and be familiar with managing supply chain risks.
A core responsibility of this role is the effective management of the internal IETP team and the engagement of external stakeholders, which results in the retention of existing IETP program members (both manufacturers and non-manufacturers) and supports the successful recruitment of new members. Specifically, the Program Director will be responsible for developing and implementing activities that increase the number of manufacturing members, focusing on Mainland China as well as other important sourcing countries in South East Asia.
Working closely with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) the Program Director will support and oversee the implementation of special projects that may be implemented from time to time. These projects will be designed to strengthen the range of services offered by IETP to its members and drive innovation in achieving our mission which is the protection of workers through ethical production.
The Program Director should be able to demonstrate skills in managing the requirements of multiple stakeholders and present proposals to the General Manager and others on the SLT for ways to enhance the value we deliver to our members and other stakeholders.
In support of the global communications strategy the Program Director will work closely with the SVP of Communications & Stakeholder Engagement to deliver marketing and other communications to the local markets. They will support the General Manager in maintaining excellent relationships with important external stakeholders such as manufacturers, Toy Associations (TAs), local buying offices senior management, NGOs and government representatives.
The Program Director will provide coaching and development to their team(s) to develop a range of skills and capability needs including account management, training and project implementation.
- Identify existing SWOT of the IETP program and using this data develop plans to enhance the program and capture growth opportunities.
- Identify, develop and execute new value-added services such as specific factory training, factory investigations, support visits, and capability building.
- Act as an interface between senior level representatives from stakeholders such as TAs, brand’s local senior management teams, government and IETP, developing and delivering specific engagement plans with clear objectives.
- Work closely with SVP, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement and SLT in strategizing IETP’s brand image and key messaging.
- Work closely with Comm. Team to develop a communication plan in Asia in support of our global strategy.
- Act as a brand ambassador, presenting at seminars, summits, training and other events to promote the IETP.
- Coach and develop teams in Program administration, account management, training and factory projects.
- Provide guidance and support for Project team members in launching factory specific programs.
- Provide proposals to the Project Monitoring & Development (PM&D) team on enhancing existing program and processes to align engagement strategy.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of managing buyer, brand and factory relationships
- Excellent communication skills, confident, and excellent presentation skills
- Experience in retail, sourcing, and manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills, with proven track record in leading teams to success
- Strong team management and influencing skills, the ability to work with other departments
- Ability to travel nationally / internationally
- Fluency in English, and Mandarin
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter explaining why they would like to apply for the role along with an updated résumé to email@example.com by 2nd July 2018.
You may download the job description in full as a PDF here.
Last updated: June 2018
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and used for recruitment purposes only.