In September 2017, the Ethical Toy Program, formerly ICTI CARE, ran a public consultation to gather views on two proposed changes to the Ethical Toy Program.
These proposed changes are:
1. An enhanced, graded version of the ICTI Ethical Toy Program Audit Checklist
2. A new factory rating system to replace ICTI Ethical Toy Program's existing Factory Seal Classifications
Public consultation on the above changes ran from 21st September to 20th November 2017. During the consultation period, our team also conducted pilots to test the updated Audit Checklist and proposed factory ratings at factories in China.
We have received feedback from hundreds of factories, brands, retailers and other stakeholders on the proposed changes to the Ethical Toy Program. We thank all those who shared feedback via the public consultation and participated in the factory pilots.
The Ethical Toy Program team is now analyzing the detailed feedback we received during the consultation period. We anticipate that finalized versions of our new Audit Checklist and Factory Ratings will be implemented in Summer 2018.
The timeline to finalize and roll out the new Audit Checklist and Certification is as follows:
- Present until early March 2018: Analyse and review findings from consultation and pilot. Implement any necessary changes to Audit Checklist & Factory Ratings
- April 2018: Final review with ICTI Ethical Toy Program Technical Advisory Committee
- End of April 2018: Announce the enhanced version of the audit checklist and new rating system
- April to July 2018 (4 months): Provide training and capability building program to support factories on the transitions of the new system
- Summer 2018: Commence rollout begin audit against updated audit checklist and rating system
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Ethical Toy Program Factory Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+852) 2111 2462.